Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ahhh...potty training

I forgot, truly, I forgot what it's like to potty train.

Mark has been fascinated by the potty for a while now...well, pretty much since he could walk around. He likes to lift the lid, flush the toilet, put toys in the water (yeah, that's fun to get them out), all things boy. So, recently he has shown an interest in sitting on the potty.

This past weekend I went and purchased a toilet for him. Not the one I wanted, but figured it would do. Last night, the big boys were working out, and it was bath time. Mark and I went into the bathroom and he got so excited when he saw the toilet. He took it apart, tried to sit in the main part of it (sans seat and protective bowl). I told him we would try it again later after his bath.

We were in the midst of his bath and I went to get his towl out of the hall closet (right outside the bathroom - tub in full view). I turned back around with towel in hand and Mark is climbing out of the tub (21 months old, mind you). I asked what he was doing and he said, 'Potty'.

So, I promptly sat him down on the toilet and voila! He pee'ed! Yep, straight up - not lying. He pee'ed! I was so excited - and he was so excited...WOW!! It didn't happen this easy with Matthew, let me tell ya! We hugged and clapped and he did a little dance. Needless to say, bath time ended and he wanted to get back on the toilet and just sit there...read a book...whatever, just to see if it would happen again!

I know it is a long road, but this first portion of it is VERY exciting for me. Joe and Matthew couldn't believe it when I told them. It will be their turn tonight to see if he does it again because I work late.

We will see who has the better luck with potty training...mommy, daddy or big brother!

No comments: