Saturday, January 24, 2009

I survived...

I should say our family survived my return to work. It was a long week, but it got a little easier each day. Here's a brief recap...

Monday - I did my best at work and didn't call my mom until after 1230pm - but had pretty much counted the minutes until that moment came. And then, 430pm couldn't come soon enough for me to head out the door and get home. Joe worked late so my mom hung around a little longer to help get through dinner, bath and then bed. It was a true blessing to have her helping hands a little longer...

Tuesday - The morning came earlier than normal because Mark was up at 445am and didn't really want to go back to sleep. So this was going to be a long day as I had to close at the hospital - oh well!! I was WIPED OUT by the time I got home. Joe worked a little later in the evening and Matthew was going to Nanny's for dinner. So, it ended up that we all arrived home at the same time - which caused a bit of chaos (in my mind). But we worked through it and I fell into bed around 9pm.

Wednesday - Mark was better and slept until about 6am when Oma came (my mom - aka day care). So, I was able to get on the treadmill in the morning and then get him before I got in the shower. Day went quicker - didn't call as often...waited for mom. She is now napping when Mark naps because it's a long day with him (the one who doesn't sleep). 430pm came quick and I was ready to be home...

Thursday - An even shorter day it seemed - and we are starting to settle into a routine (if you can have anything like that in your life before the kids are like...18). I got worked by the trainer right after work and Joe was working late so Oma stayed a little longer to help. It was great! We shared some chicken enchiladas after I got home...then bath, bottle and bed (at least we tried for bed - it took a while).

Friday - Came and went uneventfully. TGIF!!! And Oma agrees - it's been a long time since she has worked and she puts in long hours...but she is a God send and I truly don't know how I would be doing it without her. The day passed quickly and the family was all in the house by 5pm. Great dinner and quiet evening. Mark was put in his crib at 845pm and asleep by a little after 9pm...so was I!

And, our exercise ball has found a new purpose - Mark likes to be bounced to sleep! Yep, that's right. We now have an exercise ball in his room and we bounce up and down on it with him in our arms to get him resting and then down he goes in the crib...amazing! It doesn't work every time, but I feel like I am getting some exercise while trying it!

I will post some pictures later that my mom took this week - he is laughing, talking, and smiling more than ever! I am just glad she gets to share in these moments with him if I can't.

No comments: