Friday, May 7, 2010

Way too long

Well, I have nothing to say except that life got in the way. It has been busier than ever...and I rarely have time on the computer. I am working more day shifts right now because of a project team I am on at the hospital but only one more month and then back to mostly evenings.

Brief update (and a couple photos)...

Mark, now 18 months old, is doing FABULOUS! I can't believe how much his vocabulary has increased over the past few months. He seems to know the names of so many different objects around the house. He has hit the tantrum stage early...so hopefully we will leave it early as well. They mostly happen when he is hungry or not feeling well. Overall, he is just a cute, cuddly kid who LOVES to give kisses.

Matthew, now 9, just received the sacraments of Confirmation and First Eucharist - AMEN!! He joined several close friends in this life-changing event. He was beaming ear to ear, as were Joe and I. I did shed a few tears, but what can I say...I love him! And, I love these sacraments.

Joe, not sharing his age, is doing well. Was in Florida for 1-1/2 weeks and now leaves this Sunday for Rome for a couple weeks (happy Mother's Day, right?). But business is going well and he is doing great. Feeling great as well - still working out like a mad man! I created a monster 3 years ago when I signed him up for personal training. But, he is the happiest and healthiest I have ever known him to be.

Jennie, 3X, well, I am doing just dandy. Life is great - I can't complain! Sure, there are tough days and nights, but mostly, I enjoy every moment that I can. I am more in love with the three boys than ever before! I thank the Lord every day that I have these men in my life (even though Mark is only 18 months...not really a man...but you know what I mean).

Did I mention Joe is going to Rome? Did I mention that Matthew and I are joining him later in the month? Oh right, forgot that part...Matthew and I will be flying to Rome for 4-1/2 days to spend with Joe at the end of his trip. It was a once in a lifetime chance and I have never been. So, though it wasn't in the budget, we decided to take the plunge. Matthew and I can't wait! We got him a book/CD to learn Italian. His comment when he found out (before he saw the books), "Are you going to get me a book so I can learn to speak Rome?" Now, THAT is funny! Speak Rome...HA!

Anyway, here are some family photos to catch you up.

Mark with great Aunt Carol



Mark eating breakfast


My favorite face...



Us at Matthew's Confirmation...

Matthew, Dominic and John Paul at Confirmation


And a little video of Mark feeding Charlie some treats...his new favorite thing to do!



1 comment:

Jill said...

Good to hear about you and the family! Have a fantastic time in Rome!